Background

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas was fun and relaxing. We started off Christmas Eve with our traditional tortilla soup and drinking our rootbeer reindeers. The kids each got to pick ONE present to open and after reading the Christmas story from the scriptures it was off to bed. Christmas morning came with the excitement of presents. Mom and Dad especially enjoyed making Haleigh wait till the last present to get her "helmet" & scavenger hunt for her motor scooter. It was especially enjoyable knowing that she probably peeked and knew all the rest of her presents. Thats a whole other story probably not blog appropriate :) We love Haleigh but man oh man that girl.....

Here is Sadie proudly displaying her own bling. She kept wanting to wear Haleigh's. Now she has her own. Your so cute my sweet Sadie! You can't really tell in the picture but now our little princess has her own little crown!





The boys were very excited to get the wii set up and start rocking out with the rock band and baseball games. The girls got a turn eventually!




There she is....the screaming was deafening. She loved her only present from mom & dad and I think has forgiven our torture since she has ridden the battery dead so many times over the holiday we lost track. Thank goodness she has friends to cruise the neighborhood with!


The crazy Plewe Crew with beautiful Christmas smiles. It was a great morning.

Shortly after the present frenzy we all gathered in the kitchen to help cook and scarf down our big Christmas breakfast. Bacon, sausage, OJ, Hash brown, and pancakes. Yumm. It was a very Merry Christmas. After a big breakfast and a morning of the wii and scooter riding, we met our friends for another of our traditions...a movie. We saw Marley and Me and well let's just say it was rated PG but if Taylor didn't already know about procreation -- he does now. It was a good movie it just discussed how you start a family many times as well as supported by visually hints. Oh goodness. I was embarassed for my almost 12 year old. I ended my fabulous day by going to bed at 8:30 pm. Now thats a MERRY CHRiSTMAS!



3 comments:

Deanna said...

Sarah, looks like a fun Christmas. I'll have to check out that scooter for my kids. It looks like a lot of fun.

We saw Marley and Me over the weekend with all the kids and a friend, and I was mortified. I just about walked out with them, but kept thinking this has got to stop and it didn't! When she took off her clothes and jumped in the pool I nearly died and so did my kids. Should be PG-13!

Cami Bruschke said...

Fun to see some pictures of your Christmas! I love the mellow Christmas morning with just the immediate family.

I'm glad to know that about Marley and Me. Ashlyn really wanted to see it - luckily there just wasn't a time. Craig and I saw Yes Man the other night. It was very funny but it had some pretty bad parts - a bad PG-13. I think their getting a little leaner on the ratings these days.

Andrea W. said...

Good to know about Marley and Me, Anna got invited to go with a friend and couldn't, but has really been wanting to see it.

What a fun Christmas morning it looks you all had. I love the scooter! Cute, cute kids.