Background

Friday, January 7, 2011

Skiing at Sundance

Our cute cousins Sophie and Max have season passes to Sundance so we try to sneak in a ski day with them when we are in Utah.  It snowed a TON the day before we got to Utah!  How perfect was that.  The kids enjoyed a fun day in great conditions!  Mom stayed around waiting at the bottom of the hill with hot chocolate, hand warmers and encouragement.  I am always surprised I don't feel the need to ski. I was a major skiing growing up.  My family had the amazing opportunity to ski across Europe while living in Germany for a couple of years.  We continued skiing when we came back as teenagers and I loved going fast and hard.  These days I am content taking pictures, refilling tanks with food and warm drinks and reading a good book -- what has happened to me???  When all the kids are comfortable skiing on their own I am sure I will ski again right?  We shall see!

 Here is my snow bunny!  She took a ski class and had a great time! Isn't she cute! I was so proud of her.  She didn't complain once the whole day!
Haleigh was hard to capture on film as she continually raced down the hill!  She really wanted to snow board.  I think this will be her last time on skis.... 
Here are the boys.  Camden got a little concerned at one point when his older brother ditched him....thanks Taylor :-) but he managed to find his way down the hill.  It was a fun day! 

1 comment:

Cami Bruschke said...

Oh I miss that! They look like regular snow bunnies (Troy too!!!). How nice your kids are all old enough now to take the slopes.