Background

Friday, February 19, 2010

Taylor Turns 13 - WOW A TEENAGER!

Poor Taylor - this is the only picture I have of his birthday.  Because this was an off party year for him, it appears I forgot I owned a camera.  I can't believe how old he looks!  


In lieu of lots of fun pictures - the one below shows Taylor with his birthday breakfast traditions.  Every birthday our kids get to pick their favorite breakfast menu and dinner out.   Breakfast is always served up on our You are Special Today plate.  My mom picked this tradition up when my family and I lived in Germany when I was a youngster.  I had to have one and a few years ago found them at Marshalls of all places.  
Taylor almost always picks Waffles with Strawberries and Whip Cream.  


Last year my friend gave me the cupcake you see also on the table.  This recently added tradition just makes the morning even more fun.  Each birthday child wakes up (or comes home from school depending on how prepared or "un" prepared Mom is) and has to hunt for the hidden cupcake.  There is a little something inside the cupcake.  The kids love it!


Taylor is such a great kid.  He is usually too smart for his own good - thinking he knows more than his parents, which in some cases may be true - but let's not go there!  I love his logical nature and his uncommon sense of responsibility.  He is one of the most honest people I have ever met and has a quiet sense of self esteem and confidence.  


Taylor we love you and couldn't imagine our home without your sweet and tender spirit.  Thank you for all you do for your Dad and I and of course the example you usually set for your siblings.  



3 comments:

Kristi Hamilton said...

We love Taylor too. He is a good kid. I know Taylor doesn't have a Sept. b-day. You almost made me panic that we forgot his b-day.

Sarah Plewe said...

Ha Ha Kristi! I am still playing catch up. The kids enjoy seeing their special days on the blog! After a bit I put under under the right date!

Taylor loves your family too!

Cami Bruschke said...

You got me for a minute too - I'm thinking 'I could swear Taylor's birthday is in February'. Trying to confuse us. He is looking like a teenager. High School next year - scary!