Background

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sadie: A Whole New Soccer Player!

It is amazing what a difference a year can make!  Sadie has become quite the soccer player.  She is one of the older kids, and it really makes a difference!  You can tell how much more focused the older kids are, how much more large motor skills they have, and especially ball control.  After two games Sadie's goal count is 11~  nope that is not a typo!  The best part is when talking to her Grandma on the phone she told her, "Guess what Grandma - I scored 2 goals today!"  I love that she doesn't even pay attention to the score.  She still tells us she wants to rest after each quarter because her "legs are tired"  but I can't blame her - it was 109 on Saturday, poor kids!  I can't wait until it cools off for the kids and the fans!


Sadie's breakaway resulted in her 2nd goal of the day!

Sadie threw the ball in perfect for an assist!  I love that I got the ball in the air!  My camera was worth every penny I tell you!  Thanks Mom!

Here Sadie was playing some mean defense.  Luckily this game there were no kids in tears ! Last week one cute little kiddo stormed off the field crying telling his parents -  "They keep taking the ball away from me!!!"  I love U6 soccer games.  If they aren't crying they are running off the field for their own water breaks whenever they get hot or you have to talk them into coming back in after their "rest".  Too funny!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Sadie GO! Soccer is the sport I can get into! lol

Julie and Matt said...

Sadie is a super-star!! I hope this Saturday is a little cooler than last weekend!