Background

Friday, October 8, 2010

Love at Home? Maybe!

After listening to conference this past weekend I decided to put up a "Gratitude Poster" up on the wall of the kitchen.  I have tried to encourage the kids to consider something they are grateful for each day and write it on the poster with their name below.  Of course some are silly - some are thoughtful - but more important than what they write about is the thought process behind it right?  Just 3 days after this "experiment" I woke up to this sitting on the kitchen table.  I am almost crying as I type this.  These are the moments that give up hope as a parent right?  I love conference and the renewed energy it gives us to be BETTER, to REMEMBER what is important and to LOVE LOVE LOVE each other.  Today I am grateful for my amazingly wonderful, talented, kind, frustrating, energetic, children.  What would I do without them?  (Thats a scary question on many levels :-)

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

So neat. It is nice to have those gratifying moments to keep us going.

Cami Bruschke said...

Very sweet. Those are the moments that make it all worth it.

Stephanie said...

That's awesome, Sarah. And proof that when we act on promptings we receive, great blessings follow.

Beam Family said...

Wendy moved to Frisco, a suburb in North Dallas. It's nice, it reminds me of Gilbert. I know I say this every time I comment, but I can't believe how old your kids are!!! It's crazy. We miss you guys.