Background

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kona - 15 year Anniversary

So Troy came home one day in March with his mother who was supposedly stopping by for a day on here way back to Utah visiting California.  As they sat down on the couch Troy proceeds to tell me his mom is really here to watch the kids while he and I go to Kona, Hawaii for our 15 year anniversary.  Now you need to understand - I HATE SURPRISES.  Everyone knows I hate surprises which is why they sat there and laughed for a good 10 minutes while I sat there in shock.  Luckily Troy changed him mind and told me the afternoon before we left instead of the morning of our flight.  I probably would have killed him if he had done that!  In the end it was an amazingly fun trip and a nice getaway from our day to day life.  Troy managed to pull it off without a hitch.  He took care of every detail and planned a beautiful trip full of fun memories I will never forget!  I had been telling him for years that I wanted to go see Volcano National Park and apparently he was listening!!  Love you honey.  It was an amazing 15 years and I can't wait to look back at the next 15!

Troy is standing on the famous black beach and yet another sea turtle.  They were everywhere in Kona!  We loved to watch as they walk lazily around the beaches!  In the picture on the right I am sitting in front of the famous sea arch.  It is a picturesque spot on the drive to Volcano National Park.  It was beautiful!  If you were patient every 15 minutes or so water would spray through the arch like a blow hole.  So fun!
This is in Volcano National Park where the lava spilled onto the road.  You used to be able to drive all the way around the Park in a circle - but after this eruption in the late eighties- no more circle!


Behold the live volano!!!


We were able to go to the temple in Kona. Although they didn't rent clothing for a session, we were able to do some initiatories.  It was a fun evening.  The grounds at the temple were so beautiful.  My favorite were the fan palm trees.  I took a picture of one!  It looks like it is holding up the angel Moroni! 



This is the view of the ancient ruins of the King & Queen's temple from our hotel balcony in our room.  It was fun to walk out there during low tide.  


The were so many turtles at the beach by our hotel and just all around Kona! You were allowed to look only - $1500 fine if you touched them! 




3 comments:

Kristi Hamilton said...

Yeah, glad I looked at this since we will be going to Kona for a day for the wedding. Looks like so much fun!

*Monica* said...

I want to see sea turtles!

Cami Bruschke said...

How beautiful! I love all the turtles.