Background

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Well I have finally done it. Thanks to my friend Ronda I have figured out the simplest blog layout and even managed to download a few pictures of the kiddos. I have loved reading friends and family blogs and seeing fun pictures of you all that I thought I would give this a try. What an amazing way to "journal" our lives while staying in touch with each other. I will probably be bugging you all now as to how to do this or that with my page so be aware!

Summer has be a blast so far. Just today I decided it was truly HOT. We sat at Camden's swim meet today and it was so long -three teams were competing so we were there almost 3 1/2 hours if you count the time I waited for the gate to open to obtain our optimal location for swim race viewing and after a few hours it was just plain hot and sweaty. We are now looking forward to leaving the hotness and begin our month long vacation across the states of Utah, Idaho and Yellowstone. I guess Yellowstone is not a state -but it is a state park! We leave Friday and are still planning on driving -- yes I said driving to Utah. For those of you that know us well that is a MAJOR accomplishment for Troy to get me into the car for 12 hours. It has not been done in well 8 years. I never thought I would see the day but here it is. Our family is too big for anyone to pick up up at the airport and renting a van for the month was too expensive. So I will report back if I make it there alive. I faintly remembering the last time Troy mentioning driving with me was worse than the kids all put together......

4 comments:

The Plewe Clan said...

Hooray! You have finally joined the blogging world...can't wait to read!

Kristi said...

Hey there! Thanks again for working Monday for me. I really appreciate it. I am still up packing and it's like 1 a.m. Crazy!!! I want to bring you by some of my parents DELICIOUS meat. (steaks, hamburger, roast) I meant to bring it on Sunday and forgot....as usual:) I'll give you a call when I get back into town. Thanks!!!!

Andrea W. said...

Sarah, I'm so happy you started a blog!!! I love your layout and the header/photo. All your photos are so darling, cute family.

Beam Family said...

I'm glad you guys have a blog. We've wondered how you were doing. We can't believe how different Sadie looks, she's so much bigger. Hopefully we'll see you guys at the reunion in Utah in July if y'all are planning on going. I can't believe you guys are DRIVING to Utah!